The AICTE – All India Council for Technical Education under the rules of Ministry of Human Resource Development has released the notification (information Brochure) for Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) 2018-19. The Online Registration for Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) 2018-19 Jammu & Kashmir students will start very soon.
AICTE has released this information on his official website. New students willing to enlist into different courses under the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme 2018-19 can now see the information brochure by visiting the official website of AICTE ie. https://www.aicte-india.org/bureaus/jk/2018-2019. To get the benefit of this scheme students are required to present the necessary documents.
- Building capacities of the youth of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Educating, enabling and empowering them to compete in the normal course.
- Enhancing and formulating employment opportunities in Jammu & Kashmir.
- Boosting employment potential of students of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Making the Scheme student friendly.
- Students having domicile of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Passing 10+2 examination from J&K Board or CBSE located in J&K.
- Only those willing to study outside the State of J&K.
- Whose family Income is Rs. 6.00 Lakh or below per annum.
- Fulfilling minimum age and other eligibility criteria as prescribed by the colleges.
- Aadhar Card is essential for smooth disbursement scholarship through direct benefit transfer.
- Every Student will be required to give preferences / choices of collages.
- AICTE will open counselling Centers at Jammu / Srinagar for actual admissions in the institutions identified under the scheme.
- Every candidate will have to be present for the Counselling.
- Student remaining absent will not be eligible for scholarship in any case.
- Allotment of seats will be made through counselling only. No change will be allowed after counselling is over under any circumstances.
Details of scholarship for Academic year 2018-19
|Stream||Academic Fee||Number of Scholarship|
|General Degree||Upto Rs 30,000/-||2070|
|Professional||Upto Rs 1.25 Lakh||2830|
|Medical/BDS||Upto Rs 3.00 Lakh||100|