To Develop interest of student on project Based Learning and introduce them to latest developments Science
An Industrial Visit to the Pushpa Gujral Science City Kapurthala was organised by the DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED SCIENCE of Universal Group of Institutions. This trip was organised on 4rth March 2017 for the 2nd SEM students of B.Tech. Applied Science.
Approximately, hundred students visited the place along with faculty members. Mr. Sanjeev Kumar, Ms. Shipra Sharma Ms. Priyanka Patial, and Mr. Nitin (ECE) guided students during the trip. This Visit started around 6 a.m. from our Campus and finished by 11 p.m. at same after boarding off the student at their respective station.
Pushpa Gujral Science City offers a blend of education, curiosity and fun to ensure longer and repeated visits. The project is aimed at cultivating an interest in science through open-ended exploration away from text books and black boards, with a scientific approach to problem solving. The project has something for everyone, regardless of age, education, profession or social strata and is intended to make science accessible to people who are not part of the formal education system.
Students enjoyed the roller coaster rides in the flight simulator, watching the visually stunning 3-D shows, Laser show and a special show, ‘The Wonders of the Universe’, in the dome-shaped theatre. The children also went to the `Dinosaurs Park’ where models of various dinosaurs were displayed. The final stop was the Solar Power House where solar-powered scientific inventions, like `The wind turbine generator’, `solar toy train’ etc, were displayed.
Student learned about new ideas of science and they were excited after watching latest projects and developments. The visit was completed successfully after meeting the objective of providing exposure to the students.
Civil Engineering is an engineering discipline that involved with the design, development and maintenance of the naturally and physical built surroundings including works like buildings, roads, canals, dams, bridges, express ways, airports, navigation etc. It is one of the oldest engineering disciplines.
Universal Institute of Engineering and Technology had conducted a “Technical Workshop on “3D Drawing via AUTO CAD” for the students of Civil Engineering. AUTO CAD is a professional computer aided design and drafting software application develop by Autodesk. The event was held on March2, 2017 and the Venue was Seminar hall of the Universal Group of Institutions.
The aim of this workshop was to improve skills of civil engineering students in the engineering drawing. The drawings involved by using this software are isometric drawing in 3D.
Details of the Event:
- Department of Civil Engineering at Universal Group of Institutions in association with CADD (Computer Aided Design and Drafting) Centre organised a workshop on three dimensional drawing.
- Around 30 students participated in the workshop.
- The workshop focused on the creation of design plans for buildings and structures in 3D design.
- Sunny, Business manager, CADD Centre beautifully explained the concept of three dimensional drawing to all the students.
- In the end, a small token of honour was presented to Mr. Sunny by Ms. Kshipra Gupta, HOD CE, and Universal Institute of Engineering and Technology with the faculty members.
The students got the knowledge of the importance of three dimensional drawing in the field of Civil Engineering.
Department of applied science at Universal Group of Institutions has celebrated national science day on 28th February 2017. The purpose of its celebration was to make students aware of importance of science in logical thinking.
The celebrations are conducted in seminar hall where posters were displayed regarding projects and inventions due to science, followed by speeches in Hindi and English, along with cultural part including dancing ,singing and play.
National Science Day is celebrated all over India with great enthusiasm on 28th of February every year in order to commemorate the invention of the Raman Effect in India by the Indian physicist, Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman on the same day in the year 1928.
For his great success in the field of science in India, Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman was awarded and honored with the Nobel Prize in the Physics in the year 1930.
Objectives of Celebrating National Science Day
- National Science Day is being celebrated every year to widely spread a message about the significance of scientific applications in the daily life of the people.
- To display the all the activities, efforts and achievements in the field of science for human welfare.
- To discuss all the issues and implement new technologies for the development of the science.
- To give an opportunity to the scientific minded citizens in the country.
- To encourage the people as well as popularize the Science and Technology.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India. Their mission is conceptualized as a movement to enable processes that connect institutes of higher education with local communities to address the development challenges of rural India through participatory processes and appropriate technologies for accelerating sustainable growth.
It also aims to create a virtuous cycle between the society and an inclusive university system by providing knowledge and practices for emerging professions and to upgrade the capabilities of both the public and the private sectors.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India.
The Mission of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is to enable higher educational institutions to work with the people of rural India in identifying development challenges and evolving appropriate solutions for accelerating sustainable growth. It also aims to create a virtuous cycle between society and an inclusive academic system by providing knowledge and practices for emerging professions and to upgrade the capabilities of both the public and the private sectors in responding to the development needs of rural India.
Role of Universal Group of Institutions
- UGI work on neighboring villages for community development (through different activities) to enhance the development an Unnant Bharat Cell inaugurated in Universal Group.
- Coordinator assigned, which will meet Sarpanches and Principals of Schools at every 3rd Saturday in month to solve their problem by using existing resource of UGI.
- Start the process of Village adoption, that become the model of UBA( start from 2 village )