UIET NSS Unit organised a showcase of NSS Activities on 12 April 2017 at Universal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lalru.
The National Service Scheme was started by Government of India, Ministry of Education and Culture, Govt. of India, in Collaboration with State Government in the year 1969 in 37 selected Universities. Mumbai University has been participating in the scheme right from its inception. At present the scheme is run by the ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports in Central Government and Department of Higher & Technical Education in State Government.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- Develop among them a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- Practice national integration and social harmony.
We have an effervescent NSS unit in UIET which has been established with a rudimentary objective of providing a dais for the interested students to partake in social work during their free time. The report of the activities of the unit for the academic year 2016-17 has been a record of accomplishments and triumphs.
Workshop under Vittiya Saksharta Abhiyaan
A workshop on Digital Economy was organized by NSS Cell of Universal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lalru on 12/01/2017. Experts enlightened the audience with the benefits of Digital Transaction and trained them how to use mobile banking, other mobile based banking tools.
National Voters’ Day
UIET NSS Unit celebrated National Voters’ Day at Universal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lalru on 25/01/2017, the day on which the Election Commission of India (ECI) was established. The objective of this event was to aware students and faculty members about their right to franchise and the importance of voting and increases the voter turnout on polling day. The focus was on popularizing electoral participation and disseminating information about electoral processes.
A flag March was organised by the NSS Volunteers on 01/02/2017 within the campus to aware the students, shopkeepers in UGI Market, sweepers etc. about the digital transactions under the theme- “Transformation of India from ‘Cash’ to ‘Cash Less’ society”.
World Water Day
NSS Unit celebrated World Water Day on 21/03/2017 to highlight the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.
Mr. Munish Kainth, NSS Officer highlighted the various activities through a presentation which were held under the shadow of UIET NSS Unit on 12/04/2017.
Dr. Swati Sharma- Principal UIET, Head of departments, faculty members and students attended this presentation. Principal UIET highly appreciated the efforts of NSS Unit and motivated to organise as such events in near future.