Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance test which is directed by 18 National Law Universities (NLUs) on the rotational basis. The exam is conducted for the admission in Under – Graduate, Post – Graduate and Integrated Law Courses of various National Law Universities in India. CLAT Counselling 2017 is held through online (Computer) mode.
This year in 2017, examination is being organized by the Chankya National Law University, Patna. In the year 2016, the exam was organised by the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab.
First Indicative Seat Allotment List based on merit-cum-preference of CLAT counselling 2017 has been released on 5th June 2017. Fee payment of Counselling and exercising of selected candidates also stared.
Following are the list of 18 participating National Law Universities (NLUs):-
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam
- Dr Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University,Lucknow
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University , Nagpur
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University , Bhopal
- National Law School of India University , Bengaluru
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab
- Tamil Nadu National Law School , Tiruchirappalli
- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
Steps for Online Counselling CLAT 2017:-
- Publication of first indicative list based on merit cum preference on 5th June 2017.
- Payment of counselling fee of selected students from 6th June to 8th June 2017.
- Publication of 2nd allotment list having the names of finalized candidates after payment of counselling fee and additional waitlisted candidates on 12th June 2017.
- Publication of 3rd list allotting seats to candidates on 19th June 2017.
- Last Date for withdrawal from the Admission Process on 21st June 2017.
- Publication of 4th list allotting seats to candidates on 24th June 2017.