CE deptt. of UIET celebrated Basant Panchmi on 21 Jan 2015.
Basant Panchmi Celebrations (Kite making competition)
DATE OF Event : 21.01.2015
Timings: 2:30pm -4:00pm
Basant Panchami is a famous festival that marks the end of the winter season and ushers in the springtime. Sarasvati is the Hindu goddess of the Vasant Panchami festival. Young girls wear bright yellow dresses and participate in the festivities.
The celebration of the Basant Panchami is centred on the Hindu goddess Sarasvati. Sarasvati is the goddess of wisdom. She embodies the different facets of learning such as the sciences, arts, crafts and skills. The color yellow holds a special meaning for this celebration as it signifies the brilliance of nature and the vibrancy of life. The whole place bursts with yellow during the festival.
People dress in yellow and they offer yellow flowers to others and to the gods and goddesses. They also prepare and feast on a special pastry called kesar halva, which is made from flour, sugar, nuts, and cardamom powder. This dish also includes saffron strands, which gives it a vibrant yellow color and mild fragrance.
Details of the Event:
- Around 51 students participated in Kite Making Competition.
- Beautiful Kites were prepared by the talented students and were later on displayed for results.
- The Chairman, Director Engg, Principal B.ed., Principal UCACS, HODs UIET, Faculty members and staff marked their valuable presence on this ocassion.
- The cultural program started with a small speech given by Himanshu Garg, UBS student.
- Apart from this, a beautiful punjabi song was presented by Priyanka, UBS student, which was followed by a speech given by Dr. Gaurav, DSGCE College.
- Moreover, an energetic Folk dance;Bhangra was presented by Civil & Electrical Engineering boys.
- At the end of the event, winners were awarded momentos and certificates by Chairman Sir.
- The celebrations ended with the wonderful singing performances by the faculty & staff members including Mr. B.R . Sharma, Mr. Yashpal, Ms. Sunaina, Ms. Neha,Ms. Aarti and Ms. Anisha.
Winners in Kite making competition
- 1. Poonam, B.ed. student
- 2. Archana, Btech ECE, UIET
The aim of the celebration was to inculcate the cultural values among ourselves by inculcating various events in this regard.