CE Deptt of UIET organised a Technical Workshop On AUTOCAD
The main aim of this technical workshop on the AUTOCAD & STAAD PRO was to prepare the students for the upcoming challenge as by the use of these softwares, students can convert their ideas into product designs quickly and effectively. It enhances their ability to learn the geometry of building systems. In AUTOCAD/STAAD PRO, model creation and reporting of results are accomplished at the object level. It enables the designer to focus on macroscopic performance targets.
The main motive to conduct a Technical workshop was to encourage the students and give practical exposure to enhance their knowledge in the field of software . Basically, it was introduced to enhance their understanding and technical capabilities.
The aim of organizing a Technical workshop:-
1) This software help students gain expertise in the following aspects of AUTOCAD/STAAD PRO.
2) Modeling: How to work with the physical member based objects and thus require less time in creation of the model and interpretation of the results.
3) Concrete Frame Design & Detailing: Applicable to line objects and the program determines the appropriate design procedure when the analysis is run.
4) Steel Frame Design & Detailing: How to detail the process using various design code algorithms for steel member selection, stress checking and drift optimization.
5) Steel Connection Design: Design of steel connections is seamlessly integrated within the program.
6) Composite Beam: Auto select-section property can be defined to composite beams to determine their sizes for analysis.
7)Dynamic Analysis: Various option